Guys, my mom's recipe for semiya payasam. This is how it goes.
Vermicelli : 1/2 cup
Sugar : 1 cup
Ghee : 1 tbsp
Raisins, cashew - 1/4 cup
1. Fry vermicelli in little ghee till it becomes golden brown
2. Boil milk and add fried vermicelli
3. Allow the mixture to boil in reduced flame till vermicelli gets cooked
4. Add sugar and keep stirring
5. When the content becomes thick and vermicelli is cooked, switch off the gas.
6. Add cardomom powder, fried cashewnut and raisins
Kesari powder can be used
Poha can be added along with vermicelli in equal proportion
Milk can be boiled till it becomes concentrated
Cashew and badam can be ground nicely and added to the above mixture along with saffron
This gives nice flavour to the recipe