Monday, February 23, 2009
Starbucks Corporation is a coffeehouse chain based in the United States. Named after a character in the novel Moby Dick, it is the largest coffeehouse company in the world, with 7521 self-operated and 5647 licensed stores in 39 countries. The current company logo, modeled after a 15th century Norse woodcut, is a mixoparthenos, or "twin-tailed mermaid, or siren as she's known in Greek mythology. The company and the logo have an interesting history. As you can see on the above pictures!!!
The three stripes of Adidas can be seen everywhere. They are on the shoes, they are on the jerseys of your favorite football team, they are on T-shirts, and on many more things. Adolf-Adi-Dassler founded Adidas in 1949 in Herzogenaurach, Germany along with his brother Rudolf (Who later founded rival sportswear maker Puma). The three stripes logo was created by Adi Dassler himself. Since then the stripes have become a symbol of comfort, durability and toughness.
The three stripes which are shaped like mountain signify the challenges faced by the athletes. Chances are that it was inspired by the side view of a shoe with a lace. The triangular shape of the logo looks like a shoe while the white space between stripes may signify shoelace.
The stripes have become so much of a part of Adidas’ identity that they have adapted different variations of it for their various business units. In 1971 Adidas came out with a Trefoil Logo which became its corporate identity for the next few years.
Today the company has three different versions of the logo for its three different businesses. The Modern Performance logo, The Classic Trefoil logo and the Y-3 logo.
Sam Walton names his new stores WALMART. The Walmart name was presented in just about any font/style available to the printer.
The Discount City mark was used in print advertising, on the uniforms/smocks, in-store signing, and other things. However, it was never used as building signage or in an annual report.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Exceptionally good creative is a result of extremely well-thought out strategy. And the sun rises in the east. Nothing new, I admit, but good creative development process begins with a well-written creative brief. How to write a good creative brief is the subject of this edition.
Advertising professionals, excuse me please. You guys probably know how to write good briefs. But for those who wish to access a good template here is the format from one of world's most respected ad agencies - BBDO. Here goes it.
Assignment: The job on hand
- Campaign / Single ad
- TV commercial – Length
- Print ad – Size, Colour
- Newspaper or magazine
- Outdoor, Promotion, Radio, Integrated Campaign
- What do we have to do, what's the budget, and when do we have to do it by
Include relevant data
Target: For whom our brand will be a viable alternative
- Not just demographics – psychographics
- What are they like as human beings?
- What are their hopes, fears, and ambitions?
- What do they expect from the category?
- How do they use it?
- What needs do they have that aren't being met?
Be as informative and as insightful as possible
Competitive Frame: Who is our competition?
-What are they saying?
- What is the source of business?
- What will the consumer do or buy if they don't buy us?
Not just a list of brands – could include habits and attitudes
Consumer Belief: The deeply held perceptions and feelings
- What is the single most important thing our prospects believe or feel about our brand or the category?
What is it that the advertising must change or reinforce?
Marketing Objective: The things that we are aiming for
Be as specific and clear-cut as possible.
Advertising Objective: What we want to make happen due to advertising
- Raise awareness
- Put on list
- Encourage trial
- Repeat purchase
- Change perceptions
- Reconsider our brand
- Use it more often
- Use in a new way
- Remain satisfied
Be specific, again.
Key Selling Message: The one thing we want to tell them
- In the light of the Consumer Belief in the defined Competitive Frame, what is the single-minded promise we will make to the defined Target that will persuade them to act in the way that will achieve the Advertising Objective?
- What do we want them to think, feel or believe as a result of the Advertising?
What do we have to have an idea about?
Support: Relevant reasons why we can make the promise
- Competitive physical or perceptual advantages
- Not just a list of features, or of all the brand's good points
The reason to believe our claims.
Brand Personality: Aspect of personality that the ad must reflect
- A brief, vivid description
- Not just a list of adjectives
Preferably, describable by one word or phrase.
Budget / Timing: The budget for the whole exercise
What are the time frames?
Mandatory Inclusions: The musts or must nots be included in the ad
- Legal restrictions, logo usage, campaign themes
- The fewer the better
None, if possible!
Criteria for Evaluation: Measurable action points
The parameters by which the creative would be evaluated.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Seems familiar..??? This is the Promo for the upcoming Gautham Menon Film starring Simbu and Trisha with a tagline saying " A Different love story.... Again....
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Monday, February 9, 2009
A good life is what everybody wants. But what does it mean to have a good life? Everybody has different ideas of a good life. Some people think more about themselves, others like to help people. Both are examples of good life, but as long as you are happy with yourself, you are having a good life. In my blog, I'll tell you my ideas of a good life. You might not totally agree with me, but I'll guarantee you will learn something from it.
First and foremost, I personally think the most important quality of a good life is happiness. Nobody tell you to get happy, it is something that you have to require by yourself. When you are happy, you feel like you have the power to do anything, say anything, and go anywhere you want. When you are happy, you see everything positive, then you will be nice to your co-workers or classroom. If you have the power to be happy, you also have the power to make others happy.
1.Start the day with a Smile.
I do that everyday. I see anybody for the first time that day, I smile. It gives a positive note and vibe. After all, smile doesn't cost you anything.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
First thing I like about the movie is that is it definitely its name!! No short cuts.. Just plain Vennila kabadi kuzhu.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
1.Don't compare yourself with any one in this world. If you compare, you are insulting yourself.
2. No one will manufacture a lock without a key. Similarly God won't give problems without solutions.
3. Life laughs at you when you are unhappy... Life smiles at you when you are happy... Life salutes you when you make others happy...
4. Every successful person has a painful story. Every painful story has a successful ending. Accept the pain and get ready for success.
5. Easy is to judge the mistakes of others. Difficult is to recognize our own mistakes. It is easier to protect your feet with slippers than to cover the earth with carpet.
6. No one can go back and change a bad beginning; But anyone can start now and create a successful ending
7. If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it.If a problem cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?
8. If you miss an opportunity don't fill the eyes with tears. It will hide another better opportunity in front of you.
9. "Changing the Face" can change nothing. But "Facing the Change" can change everything. Don't complain about others; Change yourself if you want peace.
10. Mistakes are painful when they happen. But year's later collection of mistakes is called experience, which leads to success.
11. Be bold when you loose and be calm when you win. Heated gold becomes ornament. Beaten copper becomes wires. Depleted stone becomes statue. So the more pain you get in life you become more valuable.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
She is so stylish. I have to learn a lot from her for that reason. Pooja is someone who we all enjoy having as a company except for her mom with whom she has to be all the time. My chiti gets annoyed or bored sometimes. It happens to all mom. My mom tells me that I was terror when I was that age. My dad always came for the rescue when amma started hitting me sometime for being so.( he he he) So why the post is about poo. She was the first baby I remember holding properly. I saw her the first day when she was born, and i decided that I should become a mother one day. She made me feel like a mother sometime when she used to cry and come to me for help. She was so cuddling. The touch and smell was so different.
The long wait is over at last! The hard work of Bala and producer K.S Sreenivasan of Naan Kadavul has paid of handsomely. It is good news that the distribution rights of Naan Kadavul has been sold for a sizeable price worldwide, thanks to the efforts of the duo, Bala and Sreenivasan in providing the right launch pad for the film. The music of Illayaraja is already popular following the gala audio launch. What induced more interest in the film for the distributors is the thrilling trailer that is making rounds on all television channels.
The marketing strategy used by Bala and team is instrumental in selling all the distribution rights for the film. Now the film is all set to hit 220 theatres worldwide on 6th February.
Naan Kadavul was first announced in 2005 and since then has undergone numerous delays, changes in cast and crew and more than two different producers until K.S.Sreenivasan took up the project for good. The film is a result of more than three years of persistence over prolonged uncertainty.
Naan Kadavul is expected to be a landmark film for all those involved in it. Arya’s maniacal makeover with long locks and Pooja’s drubbed and worn down look as a beggar are widely being touted as national award calibre performances. With so many things going for it, the industry is pinning its hopes on Naan Kadavul to provide the first big hit of 2009 after Pongal turned out to be an average experience
I have a friend, bharani who I miss so much... she is someone I look upon as a guide and everything. We hardly talk to each other anymore but I know she loves me and so does she knows that i do too. I just wanted to tell it to the world that nothing can stop her being in my thoughts.... We are best friends forever even though we are miles apart...
Memories were all I had
and just the thought of them made me sad.
I cried every night wondering how to make it right.
I wish you could erase that day and that incident.
Would you please forgive me? I don't know where to start.
It hurts me so bad to have this hole in my heart!
I don't want our friendship to totally end.
I need you! You are my best friend!
So can we make a promise to stay together 'till the end?
A vow to each other to ALWAYS be BEST FRIENDS?