Monday, September 14, 2009

Happiness

Am I happy or sad today? If there is any sadness I make a strong effort to be free of it quickly, otherwise it grows like a vine in the rainy season: by midday I will be confused; by evening a whole jungle of weak, wasteful and negative attitudes will have taken deep roots in my mind. The result equals Chaos.

Sometimes I reach a stage where the attitude is: “ So what if I feel the blues today? It is my life; i can feel how I want to feel; no one else will be affected”. But this is not the case, when you are looking at life. Like for example: In my life, if I become sad for just a day, you will my whole family will not be happy. Its not because that they love me that much but I also feel that I’m that positive energy in the family which keeps them quite cheerful. I get up in the morning, smile @ my dad, get scolding from my mom for getting up late(with a smile, of course) and then fight with my sister for the bathroom which we share and of course rushing to college everyday. These activities in a day do not go without a smile in my face. Not only @ home, you will see that I have the loudest laugher in class. Everybody will look back to my place when we share a joke at college. Sometimes, when I’m stressed out or have any issues in my personal life. I will have people coming and asking me why I’m not laughing today. People I don’t even talk to everyday.

Firstly the more I allow myself to experience sorrow, the less time I have available to be happy and contented. It sounds ridiculously obvious, but am I aware of the value of happiness. It is an extremely rare commodity, and the cost goes sky high. Don’t you agree with me???

Secondly, is it my life? Yes. I am living it, but am I not a member of a family or a fellow student with others, and am I not part of society? If so, then every movement affects and is affected by those around me. We cannot be selfish all the time, can we??

Ps: This was to have thought provoking post!! Any thing wrong or you like it, please let me know.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A very nice poem about friendship..very touching...

Unknown said...

sry..i posted the above comment wrongly... how many post u write in a single day??

Disqus for Life As It Comes

Linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails